[Techtalk] Re: [Grrltalk] C programming 'course'

Kathryn Hogg kjh at flyballdogs.com
Wed Jan 9 23:39:23 EST 2002

> Book: How about starting with the classic, Kernighan and Ritchie?
> Another  possibility: Practical C Programming (O'Rielly). Other book
> ideas?

I don't think Kernighan and Ritchie is necessarily the best book for
learning C. At least that was the case back around 1984 or so.
Unfortunately, it's been so long since i've had to read a book on C that
I'm not going to be much help with positive recommendations.

> We also need a C guru to help out. Not to write anything (unless you
> want  to) but just be around to answer questions that we can't
> collectively  answer ourselves.

I'll be happy to answer any questions about C or C++.

--
Kathryn