[Techtalk] C programming "course"

Mandi mandi at linuxchick.org
Wed Jan 9 21:44:55 EST 2002

On Wed, 9 Jan 2002, Michelle Murrain wrote:

> Book: How about starting with the classic, Kernighan and Ritchie? Another
> possibility: Practical C Programming (O'Rielly). Other book ideas?

The Deitel and Deitel "How to Program" books tend to be pretty good.  I've
never gone through the C book, but it pops up as an intro to programming
text at some universities.  (i like college bookstores)

The java book from that series was good, though some people in my class
thought the exercises (and hence our assignments) were too hard, and if
you believe the reviews at amazon (oh boy), the book is a breeze for the
11 and 12 year old programmers out there.  ;)

The O'Reilly book was kinda bland.  Or maybe I was bored.  Dunno.  A
friend of mine recommends "C for Dummies" because he thought the book was
funny.

I'd certainly be interested in participating.

(now here should be an offer to head something up on another subject, but
all my brain knows anything about right now is doctoring Ramen noodles.
It's all about lime juice and cilantro.)

--mandi