[Techtalk] addressbook/calendar on Linux server + Win on desktop + PDA

Glenda R. Snodgrass grs at theneteffect.com
Thu Jan 3 11:50:05 EST 2002

> This is on-topic.

thanks :)

> I believe Evolution transfers to Palm via the Gnome pilot conduits.

Evolution does look interesting for my clients trying Linux on the desktop
now, but this client is still Windows-only on the desktop as they are tied
to several Win apps at the moment.

> I personally use JPilot for my palm backup/addressbook/calendering

I ran across this but it's only single-user, not multi-user, right? and
again for Linux desktops?

> I am told KDE's got Palm support as well, built into -their-
> calendering/addressbook apps. Being a Gnomish one, though, I know even
> less about theirs than about Evolution.

I've always used Windowmaker so I was quite surprised these last few weeks
to discover how much is available in Gnome and KDE nowadays!

Thanks to all for the suggestions.  I'll keep looking.

--
Glenda R. Snodgrass

Before you begin, consider ... The Net Effect
http://www.theneteffect.com
(251) 433-0196