[Techtalk] addressbook/calendar on Linux server + Win on desktop + PDA

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Thu Jan 3 20:16:21 EST 2002

On Thu, 2002-01-03 at 11:44, Glenda R. Snodgrass wrote:
> I'm hoping this isn't too OT, tho I'm not yet sure exactly how broad are
> the parameters on this list. :)

This is on-topic.
The topic for techtalk is 'technical matters to do with Linux .. and
the *BSDs .. and Hurd .. and Plan9 .. and anything else Open Source'.
(Well, ok, -strictly- speaking, it's Linux. But I'm the current
coordinator and I'm NOT going to be miffed if someone asks a Hurd
question. Ok?)

> Do any of you know of some software to recommend?  I'm a Linux crusader,
> putting Linux servers in every client's office, and this is the first time
> I've not known the Linux software I need to meet a client's needs. :(

I believe Evolution transfers to Palm via the Gnome pilot conduits.
I also believe that Gnome calender/addressbook/etc works with Palm (and
Evolution).

I personally use JPilot for my palm backup/addressbook/calendering
needs, but I don't know if that would do what the company you're working
for wants. (This, of course, is why I know nothing more than 'in theory,
blah does it'. If it's good enough, I'm not into rocking the boat.)

I am told KDE's got Palm support as well, built into -their-
calendering/addressbook apps. Being a Gnomish one, though, I know even
less about theirs than about Evolution.

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/