[Techtalk] Lindows?

wny-tc at juno.com wny-tc at juno.com
Fri Feb 22 23:30:56 EST 2002

Hi.   Keith here in the Depths of the Great Bergen Swamp.

I had the occasion to be working at IBM the last two weeks, (nothing near
the computer end of things, but in the boiler house) and overheard a
comment in the cafeteria of something called "Lindows".

This is supposedly a new Linux distro that is combined with Windows so
one could run either their Linux applications and their Windows
applications without having to reboot.

The gist of the conversation was that this "Lindows" will solve all of
the world's problems, make desktops identical and compatible and break
the back of the Windows monopoly once and for all.

Is this real, or was I hearing a discussion of Vaporware?  I have not
been back home long enough to dig into this, but my local Linux guru has
never heard of such a thing...

Any info out there?

73, Wm. Keith Hibbert, WB2VUO, Trustee of the NQ2RP/B 10 M beacon
President, Brockport Amateur Radio Klub (BARK),
Technical Coordinator, ARRL WNY Section
Ph - 585.494.1239
mailto:wb2vuo at arrl.net