[Techtalk] Images in EPS

Andrea Landaker qirien at icecavern.net
Wed Dec 18 11:17:16 EST 2002

> Does anyone know of a good editor for images in PostScript or Encapsulated
> PostScript. I haven't used the Gimp very much, but it seems to me to work
> mainly with raster (i.e., pixel maps). You can convert images to PS, but
> it's just a pixelized version, not really vector. Does anyone have
> experience making PS or EPS?

Under Linux, I'm aware of the following vector image editors:
Kontour (simple interface, may not do everything you want)
xfig (complex interface, probably does everything you could ever think of
wanting)
sodipodi (I'm not sure if this does exactly what you want, but it looks easy
to use).

I haven't actually used these programs very much, but hopefully they can point
you in the right direction.

I love rpmdrake.  :-)

--
Andrea Landaker