[Techtalk] Palm M500 & Mandrake 8.2

Akkana akkana at shallowsky.com
Wed Aug 21 12:35:26 EST 2002

Tabatha Persad writes:
> Has anyone had luck getting Palm M500 or related working on a Mandrake
> 8.2 distro (I use GDM if that makes any difference)?

If the M500 is USB, then you'll probably need a newer pilot-link.
Most distros ship pilot-link 0.9.5, which doesn't support USB well
at all; the pilot-link people have made huge advances in USB support
recently, but only quite recently came out with a non-beta release.
I hope all the distros will pick up 0.11.*, as it works much better
with USB PDAs.

Pick it up from pilot-link.org, and if you use desktop syncing software
(like jpilot or the gnome or ximian desktop) then you'll probably
have to rebuild that as well, or find a build that uses pilot-link 0.11.

(Unfortunately pilot-link.org seems to be down ATM.)

	...Akkana