[Techtalk] "I need to use Windows because ..."

Dave North dave at timocharis.com
Sun Aug 11 09:33:09 EST 2002

> Thanks for the link, I checked it out and am thinking I might want to
> tackle this sometime this weekend.  I have a Vaio GRX 560 with the 16.1
> inch screen and the memory stick slot.  It's odd you mention that Mandrake
> is problem on laptops, it has been the best for me on the Fujitsu laptop I
> have.

I think one of the keys is how your pcmcia works, and another is whether
you have access to a floppy/cd/nework simultaneously.
	For example, Mandrake never got the pcmcia on either of our vaios
working right, which made installing nearly impossible. But even via
network things were very flaky.

> I stopped using Suse because of what I
> was hearing about their involvement with United Linux and figured I would
> bail before I got hooked on it.

That's yet another issue (that's unclear to me) but you certainly know
what you're doing. Be very interested to see how it goes.

d>