[Techtalk] Re: Techtalk digest, Vol 1 #429 - 1 msg

Tabatha Persad tabatha3 at attbi.com
Fri Apr 5 20:45:57 EST 2002

Hi David,

Not sure what distros both the boxes are using, or if one is running
Windows?  Do you have an SSH key set up between them?  Are there different
versions of SSH on the machines etc?

I ran across the page:
http://www.networksimplicity.com/board/show.pl?board=2 and one of the links
there, which seem related to your SSH issue, pointed to
http://www.networksimplicity.com/board/show.pl?board=2&thread=151 - maybe
this will give you some clues.

It basically indicates that when a user ssh's from the linux box to the
windows box it's fine, but doesn't work the other way around.  In the thread
some folks have pointed the user to ipchains and iptables, and what looks
like how to find the files and stop them via the "/etc/rc.d/init.d script".

Don't know if it helps at all, but may trigger something if nothing else!

Tabatha