[Techtalk] delayed emails

Julie jockgrrl at austin.rr.com
Fri Oct 12 07:47:58 EST 2001

Lorry wrote:

> Can anyone explain to me why my emails are delayed several days when I
> send something to this list?
> This is extremely puzzling because it appears I'm the only one having
> this trouble, yet it only happens when I email THIS list.  I send
> several emails a day to several different places, and they all go
> through right away -- unless I send to this list.
> It is extremely frustrating.  I will wait patiently for this email to go
> through (probably some time next week) and see what ideas come up about
> it.  I'm hoping this can be solved, because as nice as this list is, it
> is not worth the confusion and frustration.

The next time you say "my email is going to take forever", include
when "now" is.  Perhaps you might paste the current date and time
(say, from the ``date'' command) into your note.
--
Julianne Frances Haugh             Life is either a daring adventure
jockgrrl at austin.rr.com                 or nothing at all.