[techtalk] Re: techtalk digest, Vol 1 #449 - 9 msgs

Telsa Gwynne hobbit at aloss.ukuu.org.uk
Sat May 12 17:28:00 EST 2001

On Sun, May 13, 2001 at 01:46:45AM +1000 or thereabouts, jenn at simegen.com wrote:

> Oh, I'm soooooooooooooo evil!
>
> > 1) Hardware access exploits (how exactly do you remove a hard drive and gain
> > access to its data, how to encrypt one, how to lock a machine up).
>
> Take one screwdriver.
> Take one computer.
> Discover that your screwdriver is the wrong type.
> Get another screwdriver.
> Discover that it's the wrong type too.
> Look for the right screwdriver.
> Remember that you lent that one to your brother, before he went on his road
> trip to Mexico.
> Consider going to the hardware store.
> Go to the bar instead. Buy a screwdriver.

ROTFL!

You are indeed evil. This is _exactly_ what happened when we took my
Vaio apart. Sony use -- wait for it -- non-standard screw sizes. Well,
"didn't fit our first two sets" sizes. However, the set of useless
"what are these sizes anyway?" screwdrivers I got at a Linux Expo from
HP suddenly came in handy. They were the right size for Vaios.

Telsa