[techtalk] Linux Email Clients

Kristin Ziel zoop at sound.scc.net
Mon Jan 22 15:07:44 EST 2001

Actually, not a dumb question. I just did this myself...and it was a
hassle.

I started downloading everything that I thought I would need..and then
ended up downloading like 10 more packages to get all the required
libraries, and the libs that they required....and it just sorta daisy
chained.  aaack!! <grin> i can smile about this now, but it was a thorn in
my side, not knowing what it was that i was downloading and installing to
get a particular library.....

perhaps someone can tell me if there is a better way to approach what i
did?

anyway.....i don't know how much you would feel like doing that..it took
me a few days with an hour or two at a shot and i've got DSl so at least
my packages were downloading quickly....

....perhaps if the KDE1 kmail client has the capability to set up multiple
accounts (i don't remember...someone on this list must know tho), you
should get that working and then you can futz with upgrading if you've got
the time or inclination...

Kristin