[techtalk] Woes :\

Kath ranger at optonline.net
Thu Jan 4 08:15:43 EST 2001

Suddenly, I can no longer receive email sent to kathweb.net.  In Outlook Express, I get the following error:

"A time-out occurred while communicating with the server. Account: 'kathweb.net', Server: 'kathweb.net', Protocol: POP3, Port: 110, Secure(SSL): No, Error Number: 0x800CCC19"

Now I have checked, via a portscan, and found that port 110 is open.  I can login to the box via ssh and type "mail" and see the mail waiting for me.  I haven't installed any new software or anything similar.

Any ideas?

- Kath