[Techtalk] LI -- and other issues...

Walt pippin at fred.net
Sat Dec 8 17:44:16 EST 2001

I had what I thought was a nicely functioning
system.

sda -- system drive 9gb (scsi obviously)

then I added
hda -- 120 gb ide
hdb -- 20 gb ide
hdc -- 120 gb ide

hdd is my cdrom

The problem seemed to occur when I upgraded
to RH 7.2 and it asked me if I wanted to switch
to grub. I answered yes. Oops.

Currently I'm booting from a floppy, so I have
access to the system. However, it doesn't seem
to matter which drive I put lilo on, the system still
will do nothing but bootup as:

LI

or a blank screen.

I've tried lilo -U, dd if/of copying the boot sector
backup, cat boot.0800 > /dev/sda and tried reordering
the drives in the BIOS boot order, but nothing seems
to make a difference.

For some reason, the system won't boot from a
PC floppy. I have no clue why (yet).

Any suggestions/pointers?

Thanks...
Walt

-~

     Truth will sooner come out of error than from confusion.
                         Francis Bacon