[techtalk] light laptops for linux?

Molly Tomlinson molly at devclue.com
Wed Apr 25 09:54:16 EST 2001

Does anyone have a recommendation for a good, slim laptop? I will be taking
it on a cross-US bike trip this summer; small and light will be my primary
concerns. :) I'd like something reasonably powered - I will be doing photo
work - but given the choice, I'd take light over fast.

Right now I'm looking at the Sony Vaio R505 "SuperSlim" series and the Dell
Inspiron 2100. Anyone have experience running Linux on either of these (or
similar) beasties?

thanks,
--Molly

--
Molly Tomlinson    ~*m*~   "It's a wise man who carries his own cheese."