[techtalk] can't add default route.

Kristin Ziel zoop at sound.scc.net
Tue Nov 28 10:20:26 EST 2000

I tried all sorts of versions of ping last night, and was futzing with
traceroute quite a bit.  I got *1* packet to RX through my NIC, but since
I wasn't keeping a keen eye on tha stat, I am not sure when it came in and
try as i might, I could not duplicate it.

I had not tried 255.255.255.255, but i did broadcast on my subnet and that
only gave me a response from my eth0, and the traffic to the DSL router
that I never get a response from (showed pings were accessing router
because the traffic light showed them, but never any response back).

Pinging the gateway I did using the IP address as well.

I think I'm going to try what eileen suggested...since i'm seeing the
gateway receive pings, just not getting a response, it seems that my NIC
might be the problem.

About not posting as to my progress on this issue earlir...I have to
apologize.  I was away for the holiday here, and the time off work and the
relaxation just got the better of me!! :)

Kristin