[techtalk] can't add default route.

arindamC root at alumnux.com
Tue Nov 28 11:34:40 EST 2000

Hi Kristin,

        At last your problem is solved. I was really surprised thinking
        what is going on. If everything is alright then what is the
        problem??

        And regarding your ping problem i think the problem is with your
        DSL router. Are you pinging to the proper address?? It may be a
        problem with your router's routing table.
        U can try "ping -n <IP-addr>". Sometimes the ping program try to
        resolv the IP address using the nameserver specified in
        /etc/resolv.conf. If it doesn't get the nameserver packets may be
        lost.
        You can also try flood(broadcast) ping "ping -b 255.255.255.255"
        and check the responses coming to your machine. Can you see your
        gateway in them? Are you getting any response at all?
        Let me know.
        Bye,
        arindam C.