[techtalk] Re: Screen problems in Xwindows

Caitlyn Máire Martin caitlyn at netferrets.net
Tue May 23 17:08:02 EST 2000

Hi, Glen,

> I am running a toshiba satallite 2595CDS.

That's good news, I think.

> My chip is a trident cyber 9525 DVD PCI/AGPw98 according to windows.

<sarcasm> ...and we all know how reliable Windows is.  That's why we all run
it and would never touch some amateur operating system with an Antarctic
waterfowl cartoon for a logo.  </sarcasm>

I went to the Linux Laptops page, and they had a link for configuring the
Satellite 2595CDT.  The video card is the same as yours.  I think all the
info you need, including an XF86Config file, is thee, along with Red Hat 6.1
specific info, which should work for your 6.0 distro as well.  Check out:

http://www.marlboro.edu/~mmb/satellite.html

Your system is supported.

Good luck!

Take care,