[techtalk] Gnome and Redhat 6.1 woes

Britta Koch bkoch at rz.uni-osnabrueck.de
Fri Jul 21 17:19:56 EST 2000

Hi!

I installed Redhat 6.1 on my computer at work today - yay! But since I
haven't dealt with Redhat for a time (only Debian), and don't use gdm,
I've got a few questions:

a) How can I tell gdm to use German keyboard mappings in the login
dialog? I hate it when I can't login because of a different keyboard
layout...

b) What is the file where I tell gdm (or x) what programs to start? Is
it .Xclients, .xinitrc or .xsessionrc? And can I stop it from starting
gnome-session?

That's it for now... but I might be back with more ;)

TIA!

Britta
--
  /"\  . . . . . . . . . . . . . britta at linuxchix.org . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  \ /   ASCII Ribbon Campaign     "Wer mit der Speckseite nach der Wurst wirft,