[techtalk] Differences between linux distributions

Tania M. Morell tania at shadow.net
Sat Feb 19 22:39:20 EST 2000

Hi all,

I've used Berkeley unix and SunOS for years at my university but not
linux. I use Mandrake at work and RedHat intermittently at home but I've
yet to understand the differences between them..  Maybe I haven't used
them long enough to figure it out, or maybe I'm stupid.

What are the main differences between distributions of linux like
RedHat, Mandrake, Debian, Caldera...  etc.  Can anyone tell me?

I'm sure this question has been asked here before, so if there's a
thread somewhere, let me know..  I'll go searching for it.

Thanks,
-T