[techtalk] Setting up Dynamic DNS for ppp settings

Laurel Fan lf25+ at andrew.cmu.edu
Sun Feb 6 13:38:33 EST 2000

Excerpts from linuxchix: 6-Feb-100 [techtalk] Setting up Dynam.. by
Norma at netzero.net
> How can I do this. I'm using Redhat 6.1. I used to be able to put in a
> static number and it worked fine. Well recently my ISP switched to Dynamic
> DNS. Under KPPP there's only a setting for Dynamic IP addresses but none
> for Dynamic DNS. Is there somewhere else I can put those settings in,
and how?

By dynamic DNS, do you mean that even though your ip is not static,
every time you dial up, your domain name foo.isp.com automagically
resolves to your ip?  In this case, you don't need to do anything if
it's all taken care of on the ISP's end.