[techtalk] Su slow?

Linda Walsh law at sgi.com
Thu Feb 3 14:21:27 EST 2000

What shell are you using?

root's scripts are generally in /root, though there can be global
scripts in /etc/profile.d that get called for everyone.

If you are using bash, you might look for a .bashrc to put a -x in ....
say first line is !#/bin/bash, just add the -x onto the end of the
line (preceeded by a space).

If you are using csh/tcsh, the files to look at are .login/.cshrc, but
I don't know the "+x" equiv for those.
-l