[techtalk] ReiserFS experience?

Jeff Dike jdike at karaya.com
Mon Apr 10 14:24:33 EST 2000

jennifer at surfari.com said:
> But....  It is not stable.  I use it only for squid cache now.  I
> would not recommend it for /var (eak, goodbye mail), or /home.

I've had ReiserFS on my list of things to put into the user-mode port
(http://user-mode-linux.sourceforge.net) of the kernel for quite a while.
This would let you test new filesystems without risking anything that you care
about.

If there is any demand (i.e.  if I made a release with ReiserFS in it, you'd
use it), let me know.  It probably wouldn't take much to get me off my a** on
this :-)

				Jeff