[techtalk] ReiserFS experience?

Jennifer Tippens jennifer at surfari.com
Mon Apr 10 17:26:25 EST 2000

Hello,
Yes, I have used it.  It is journaling, so, fsck is never run, so, yeah, it is faster.  But....  It is not stable.  I use it only for squid cache now.  I would not recommend it for /var (eak, goodbye mail), or /home. It was not included in the new kernel for a reason-- I can't remember now exactly what it was, but it was ugly.  It is most likely documented on the web site, but that is down right now. If I remember, I'll let you know.
-Jen