[techtalk] linux dual-boot install

Stephan Boettcher stephan at nevis1.nevis.columbia.edu
Sun Oct 31 10:37:19 EST 1999

> From: jenn at simegen.com
> Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 12:08:11 +0000

> Well, I wouldn't say Debian is bare-bones! But there do seem to be more people
> here running RedHat than Debian, so if you're after distro specific help it
> might be a better bet.

You won't need as much distro specific help with Debian as with
RedHat.  Debian left more bits and pieces intact, whereas RedHat
applied lots of patches to critical systems, like the kernel, ppp...

Stephan

--
Stephan Boettcher                                   FAX: +1-914-591-4540
Columbia University, Nevis Labs                     Tel: +1-914-591-2863
P.O. Box 137, 136 South Broadway       mailto:stephan at nevis.columbia.edu
Irvington, NY 10533, USA          http://www.nevis.columbia.edu/~stephan