[techtalk] PS2 Mouse and RH6.1

Jack Baker griffin2020 at hotmail.com
Fri Oct 15 12:39:01 EST 1999

>Anyone install RH6.1 yet?  I downloaded the iso image
 >and installed it here at work (fresh install on new
 >drive).  VERY easy/fast install, except now the mouse
 >has gone nuts (jumps and skips around randomly - not
 >usable at all).  It works fine if I boot to the older
 >install.  Tried 2 mice, MS Intellimouse 3-button (came
 >with the Dell) which it is (recognized in the
 >install), and another generic ps2 mouse. The mouse
 >works fine during the install process.  So what
 >configuration is causing this?  The XF86Config file
 >mouse settings is the same as on the older install,
 >/dev/mouse linked to psaux...

This is actually my major complaint with the RedHat distros.  I have tried
every version from 5.2 up, and have had the same problem.  Using Mouse
Systems 2-button, 3-button, Microsoft PS2, Intellimouse, and several generic
PS2.  The only solution I have found is using a serial mouse, or another
distro (Mandrake does not have the same problem, even though it is based on
RedHat).

It kinda makes X pratically impossible to navigate, you get to where you
want the mouse to be, and it jumps to the left or bottom left of the screen.