[techtalk] request for ideas

Ellen Gibboney ellengibb at earthlink.net
Sat Oct 9 18:46:08 EST 1999

Deb Richardson wrote:

> Hi all.
>
> I'm thinking about writing a "New User's Guide to Linux" (to be released
> under an appropriate open-content license, of course :).
>
> I'm hacking together an outline for it at the moment, and I would like
> to know what you think such a Guide should include.  Input from users of
> all experience levels would be appreciated.  When you started with
> Linux, what stumbling blocks did you encounter?  What did you find most
> difficult to figure out?  Is there anything that new users need to
> know/should know that other docs don't address very well?
>
> All suggestions, comments, ideas are appreciated.
>
> If anyone is interested in contributing to such a Guide, let me know.
> It will end up being a huge project, and if I try to do it all by
> myself, it will take ages to complete.  :)  I'll release a draft outline
> in the nearish future.
>
> - deb
>
> --
> deb at thepuffingroup.com
> deb at linuxchix.org
>
> ************
> techtalk at linuxchix.org   http://www.linuxchix.org

Hello.

I am a year old newbie. A little over year ago I had little to no real
computer knowledge of any kind.  I hardly remember installing. But I
still have my notes. I'm currently learning on my own, and some of my
concerns are downloading, and putting "things" in proper order.  The
Standards older Linux users consider second nature I am nervous about,
like how to make fixes where to get them. New users need direction and
projects to strengthen their knowledge.  I know I do.

--
Ellen		^~~^	http://home.earthlink.net/~ellengibb