[techtalk] request for ideas

Karl-Heinz Zimmer khz at snafu.de
Sat Oct 9 20:59:03 EST 1999

On Sat, 09 Oct 1999 13:47:39 -0400, Deb Richardson wrote:

> I would like to know what you think such a Guide should
> include.  Input from users of all experience levels would
> be appreciated.  When you started with Linux, what
> stumbling blocks did you encounter?  What did you find
> most difficult to figure out?  Is there anything that
> new users need to know/should know that other docs don't
> address very well?

> All suggestions, comments, ideas are appreciated.

The most difficult thing for me (when starting 3 years ago)
was to figure out how to get internet access when logged in
as normal user (not as root).

Most books today ignore that problem and i found it seldom
in e-zines or printed Linux magazines.

Best greetings,

Karl-Heinz
--
K.-H. Zimmer     *     Hamburg     *     Germany