[prog] pseudocode

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Thu Jul 28 15:45:37 EST 2005

On Thu, July 28, 2005 15:13, Wolf Rising wrote:
> I'm trying to work on improving writing pseudocode but I tend to end up
> writing to do lists :-)

Well... my first question is: why do you want to write pseudocode?
To-do lists are a reasonable thing for top-down design.

> Create an associative array to populate this drop down menu
Thing is, an "associative array" is different things in different
languages, which means writing pseudocode for it is actually too
low-level, IMHO.

The usefulness of pseudocode is when you want to lay out an algorithm
which isn't language-specific, such as "do a bubble-sort".

In your case, it might be...

menu_array = make_menu_arrray()
while (not_at_end_of_array(menu_array)
{