[prog] C++ Inheritance - just some musings

Jimen Ching jching at flex.com
Sat May 24 14:42:06 EST 2003

On Sat, 24 May 2003, Sue Stones wrote:
>I have found of late that it seems to be harder to get my brain around new
>concepts, and remeber all these new things.   I am hopeing that it is just
>over work, and that if I ever mange to slow down things will fall into place
>much more quickly again.  (Alternatively it couldbeold age - what alrealy!)

As far as C++ is concerned, it's not you.  A lot of people who first
started to learn C++ say the language is difficult.  Yes, even when I
started, I found it hard to understand many of the concepts.  It took me a
number of years, and much trial and error, to be comfortable with C++.

What really helped me out was the availability of other people's source
code.  For the first few years, I didn't really write any original C++
code.  Most of the code I wrote were based on other people's C++ code.

This is why I support free software.  Not only does the source code allow
you to fix bugs.  But it also allows you to learn from other people's
implementations.  You know the old saying: 'you see far when you stand on
the shoulders of giants'...

--jc
Jimen Ching (WH6BRR)      jching at flex.com     wh6brr at uhm.ampr.org