[Jobposts] Linux Systems Administrator at DigitalOcean (REMOTE POSITION)

Ron D trueabilityjobs at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 17:55:26 UTC 2015

*Title: *
*Linux Systems AdministratorLocation: REMOTE POSITION*

Please visit following Link to Take a shortcut to DigitalOcean recruiter's
inbox and take an Online Technical Interview On a Live Server NOW!
http://bit.ly/1wRA5J2

DigitalOcean is a simple cloud hosting built for developers, by developers.
We make it easy for users to launch and manage their web infrastructure,
and we love doing it.

As a Linux Systems Administrator at DigitalOcean you’re responsible for
ensuring our customers have a great experience. This is a challenging and
rewarding role in which you’ll be supporting 10+ data centers, 10,000+
hypervisors, and 200,000+ customers to troubleshoot issues, scale
applications and grow both our customer’s and DigitalOcean’s business.

Support is an integral part of our company and we’re looking for creative
problem-solvers who are eager to help our customers. We’re looking for
candidates who are are passionate about technologies we use, and have
extensive experience working with open-source and Linux environments. As
the voice of the customer you have the opportunity to influence product
decisions while helping to build the next great cloud company!

This is a full-time position based either in New York City office or
remotely. If you choose to work remotely you will have occasional travel to
our office for training and team building.

What you will be doing:
• Respond to a high volume of technical and product question tickets
generated by our customers
• Troubleshoot Linux (Ubuntu and CentOS), Apache, Nginx, MySQL,
Rails/Unicorn, and PHP
• Quickly learn DigitalOcean systems and adapt to rapid changes
• Work both collaboratively and independently within a team setting (we
love Slack!)
• Identify and communicate process improvement suggestions
• Incident management and escalations
• Help combat fraud and abuse on the platform
• Collaborate with other teams and departments to improve the customer’s
experience
• Willingness to work in a 24x7 setting (nights and weekends)

Requirements:
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Passionate about technology and customer support
• Strong identity with our brand and team culture
• Strong background with technology and Linux systems
• Strong analytical skills and pattern recognition
• Prior experience in similar environments

Extra Credit:
• Programing/Scripting: Ruby, Python, Go, Bash
• Source Code: Git
• Automation: Chef, Puppet
• Virtualization: KVM, Xen
• Open Source: CoreOS, Docker, Vagrant

Working at DigitalOcean:
• Stock options
• 100% of the premium for health, dental and vision and 50% of the premium
for dependents
• Competitive compensation including a 401k with up to 4% employer match
• Corporate Seamless account to keep your hunger at bay
• Monthly commuter expense and gym membership allowance
• Great office space located in the heart of SoHo

With Regards,
Ron D