[IndiChix] [RFC] Introduction to Linuxchix India - presentation slides

Runa Bhattacharjee runa.misc at gmail.com
Mon Feb 11 04:38:58 UTC 2008

Hello,

Atul Chitnis wrote:
> Hi Runa,
>
> Hey, how did the BOF go at Gnunify? Any takehomes? Any lessons that Ankita
> can carry to IITK?

BoF went pretty well. Barkha was taking the notes so i'll have to wait for them in my mailbox to
prepare a more structured report. A number of volunteers from the Gnunify team and other visitors
were present with some very nice ideas being suggested from all around the room, including:

artwork creation for awareness about the group and FOSS
activity days in various women's educational institutes
communities on online social networking sites
a logo for the group
screencasts for newbies
question corner etc.

We also put in some timelines and ownerships for the tasks that we discussed. Some of it might be
locally initiated. However, most of the ideas can be easily reproduced and taken forward elsewhere
or online as well.

cheers
Runa

--