[Courses] [C programming study group] Week 1

Cindy-Sue Causey butterflybytes at gmail.com
Mon Oct 20 14:34:58 UTC 2014

On 10/11/14, Camilla <camillamon at gmail.com> wrote:
> Not a course per se, but a study group of chixxors learning C together
>
> *Suggested study group materials:*
> The C Programming Language by Kernighan & Ritchie
> The Standard C Library by PJ Plauger
> Deep C Secrets by Peter van der Linden
> Understanding and Using C Pointers by Richard Reese
> Pointers on C by Kenneth Reek
>
> Not all of these are easily accessible to everyone, so I will try to get my
> hands on these and post exercises on Piazza [sign-up instructions
> <https://docs.google.com/document/d/13vqtr5phLEl0mpBIbwu7zeuoDon9dQjW905uM3ysO94/edit?usp=sharing>]
> (and on the mailing list if people want to participate and don't want to
> use Piazza).
> K&R is available online.
>
> There is a Github group https://github.com/LinuxChix-courses for this study
> group for those who want to push solutions to exercises. Contact me with
> your Github username for write access to the group.

Hi, Camilla, this is great.. Been spinning my wheels not sure what
next step to take to delve deeper into Linux and its derivatives. The
last few months have been making and breaking my setup here
deliberately to generate errors that needed researched and fixed, but
have definitely been ready to *attempt* to step into the next level.

Just finished signing up at Piazza and will be checking that one out.

Also, I'm "Butterfly" over at GitHub. Apparently had that account a
while, just not put it to much use yet.. :)

Thank you for taking this initiative.. Don't know how well I'll do
cognitively but will surely try and will, at the very least, be able
to help push what you're doing on out into the Web.. :)

Cindy :)

--
Cindy-Sue Causey

* runs with duct tape *