[Courses] [Postgresql] More notes on Moodle.

Julie Pichon julie.pichon at gmail.com
Tue Nov 27 23:37:58 UTC 2007

Hi,

On 27/11/2007, maria rahman-alsema <mariarahmanals at gmail.com> wrote:
> The main problem now, is that I can't post in the forum. For instance
> the page with your two posts "Welcome/Updated outline":
>
> http://courses.linuxchix.org/mod/forum/discuss.php?d=1
>
> there is no where for me to reply. I tried all the buttons and even
> simply tried to click below your items. Neither do I find any place to
> make a new post.
> It makes no difference if I approach the forum from the left column
> ("activities") or from below "weekly outline".
> It gives me the feeling as if "posting by students" is not enabled yet
> (just a wild guess).

I've been a student in a couple of different Moodle courses (and
played around with the system a while ago), and what I've usually seen
is that the News forum is reserved for the instructor(s), with
students automatically subscribed to it by default (i.e. they received
an email/message when a message is posted there) and can't post new
threads into it.

Usually, other forums are created for students discussions. I don't
think the problem is coming from you, I can't post in the existing
forum either. :)

Regards,

Julie