[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 7: Assumptions Make....]

Carla Schroder carla at bratgrrl.com
Mon May 28 21:13:33 UTC 2007

On Monday 28 May 2007 12:58, Gloria W wrote:
> > I've figured out that I do care. I'm not interested in getting into big
> > debates all the time, but I am working at being more assertive at
> > correcting the dumb assumptions that bother me.
> >

> I wonder if I should care or not. I am tired of fighting the good fight.
> It is exhausting, and I'm not even sure I've had a lasting impact. I
> have been the exception to many people's assumptions about women, but
> have I really changed their minds? Probably not.

I think you already answered this:

> They get most of it wrong, they eventually find out
> they are wrong, and I genuinely don't care about any part of that process.

Your actions speak louder than words. People do figure things out sooner or
later, unless they are exceptionally thick. Like the ones who eventually
figure out that us perverts really are human beings after all. I want to
short-circuit the process a bit and set certain people straight at the
outset. I can't think of any examples right now, but when I think of some
I'll share. :)

--
Carla Schroder