[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 5: The Hardest Nos]

Kathryn Andersen kat_lists at katspace.homelinux.org
Tue May 1 01:39:31 UTC 2007

On Mon, Apr 30, 2007 at 12:14:16PM -0400, Terri Oda wrote:
> I've had this problem with working at home too.  The worst being a
> case when a friend showed up 3 hours early for a party at my place.

Heh, if someone turned up 3 hours early for a party at my place, I'd put
them to work, get them to help set up the party. In my book, turning up
anything more than 15 minutes early means that you're a volunteer
helper. (grin)
Though for you that wouldn't have worked, since presumably they would
have needed supervision, and you needed people out of your hair in order
to work.

> compensate.  I was Not Impressed when he turned up before I was done
> working or had time for dinner, and I sent him away.

Good for you.  Very Spineful. 8-)

Kathryn Andersen