[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 5: The Hardest Nos]

Kai MacTane kmactane at gothpunk.com
Mon Apr 30 16:41:12 UTC 2007

Linda Pahdoco wrote:
> I'm sorry - someone who watches me like a hawk
> to see if I'll say or do something that "offends" her so she can be
> condescending, rude, and speak to me as if I'm one of her children is
> simply not going to be involved in my world any more if I can help it.
> He thinks I should just put up with it for the sake of "keeping the
> peace."

It sounds like "keeping the peace" hasn't worked, because *she* keeps
starting problems. I mean, if this woman's going to make a conflict *no
matter what*, then why not let her have her conflict, and not be
involved at all (i.e., what you're doing)?

> I did that for 12 years. I bent over backwards (or forward,
> depending on how crude you want to be) to keep from doing or saying
> something she could get bitchy about. It didn't matter.

Right, she always found something to bitch about anyway. Well, now she
still has something to bitch about, but you don't have to deal with the
bitching.

Sounds like a win to me.
                                                 --Kai MacTane
"I hear the roar of a big machine,