[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 3: 101 Satisfying Retorts For All Occassion]

carla at bratgrrl.com carla at bratgrrl.com
Sun Apr 15 21:13:01 UTC 2007

> On 4/14/07, Rudy Zijlstra <rudy at edsons.demon.nl> wrote:
>>
>> > "She dint take her happy pills"<--when dealing with a tough female
>> > manager
<snip>
Gayathri Swaminathan wrote:
> The idea is not challenge the comment itself but, to
> let
> them they are  treating the situation in an unprofessional manner.

Yes indeed. Do let's sticking to figuring out tactics for dealing with
situations, and not get derailed into the whys and wherefores of such
behavior. Because those things don't matter. What matters is learning how
to deal with these things. Ideas, anyone? What do you do when one of your
co-workers, or someone you supervise, makes snippy comments and gives you
a hard time? How do you decide when to challenge them, and when to feign
deafness? I had a boss once years ago, when I was a typical obnoxious
teenager, who reward mouthiness with the most unpleasant jobs. In that
circumstance, that pretty much spoke for itself, and was quite effective
with attitude readjustment. :)

Would it work to reply with "doing your job makes me happier than any pills."

Or how about "is there a problem" or "do you have something to say to me?"

Carla