[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 3: 101 Satisfying Retorts For All Occassion]

Anne Sorsa amk.sorsa at gmail.com
Sat Apr 14 15:38:01 UTC 2007

2007/4/14, Isabelle Hurbain <isabelle.hurbain at pasithee.fr>:

> I'm quite large (well, let's face it overweight) and I was once wanting
> to try on clothes... The line was long, so I put myself in it and wait.
> Finally my turn arrives, the girl at the entry of the rooms looks at
> me :
> "You know, pregnant woman have priority on our lines!
> - No but...
> - You really shoulda asked!
> - Listen... I'm NOT pregnant. I'm just fat."

Once when I was in a  pharmacy one elderly lady (she was about 80 years)
said to me, that I should take her seat because she believe that I am
pregnant." You should sit in your condition" she said It was so
embarrassing, but I couldn't tell her that she was wrong. Why? Just because
she was trying to be polite. Anyway this incident made me think that there
was something what I wasn't noticed in me.

Well, to me it was easier to say thank you and hope that I could just
vanish... My grandmother has teach that I should always respect elderly
people.

Anne