[Courses] [Spineful Living, lesson 3: 101 Satisfying Retorts For All Occassion]

Isabelle Hurbain isabelle.hurbain at pasithee.fr
Sat Apr 14 09:48:40 UTC 2007

Le Fri, 13 Apr 2007 16:04:01 -0700,
Carla Schroder <carla at bratgrrl.com> a écrit :

> I'm bailing out of town for the weekend and don't have time to write
> an ordinary lesson, so how about everyone share their favorite
> comebacks and responses for those uncomfortable, annoying, enraging,
> and so forth occasions? Have fun and I'll see you Monday!

I'm quite large (well, let's face it overweight) and I was once wanting
to try on clothes... The line was long, so I put myself in it and wait.
Finally my turn arrives, the girl at the entry of the rooms looks at
me :
"You know, pregnant woman have priority on our lines!
- No but...
- You really shoulda asked!
- Listen... I'm NOT pregnant. I'm just fat."

Being called a pregnant woman when you're not is not something you
crave for. But the look of this woman's face... priceless :))) "Oh
sorry, very sorry..." yeah yeah.

How to transform a quite humiliating situation in a fondly remembered
one...

Isa