[Courses] [Tools] Prerequisites for installing bzr

Darlene Wallach wallachd at earthlink.net
Fri Oct 14 07:55:13 EST 2005

Conor Daly wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2005 at 04:23:37PM +1000 or so it is rumoured hereabouts,
> Mary thought:
>
>>Note, if Python 2.4 or ElementTree (often packaged as python-elementtree
>>and sometimes as python2.4-elementtree) are available as packages built
>>by your distribution, it is better to install them directly from your
>>distribution. I don't have a lot of distros around to survey at the
>>moment, but Ubuntu 5.04 and 5.10 have it, and I suspect Debian
>>testing/unstable does too.
>

>  for info:  Python 2.4.1 and python-elementtree are both in fedora core 4.
> Core 3 only has python 2.3.x
>
> Conor

I have Fedora Core 3 installed. Should I or is there a way to
force yum to install Python 2.4.1 and python-elementtree on
my fedora core 3 system? Is it better to manually download
Python 2.4.1 rpm and python-elementtree rpm from websites?
If I download the binary rpms manually do I use an rpmbuild
command to install them so that rpm knows they are there?

Thank you for your attention,

Darlene
--
World Centric Fair Trade & Eco Store
http://www.worldcentric.org/store/
We have created and live in a world of gross social
and economic inequalities[1] and are at the same
time severely impacting[2] the natural eco-systems
and regenerating bio-capacity of the planet. Our
every action has an impact on the well-being of our
planet and our everyday decisions[3] can help create
a better world for all. In keeping with this fact
and our vision, the World Centric Fair Trade/Eco
Online Store provides everyday consumption choices,
which can help minimize social & economic
inequalities, reduce the impact of our consumption
on the environment and help create a better and
sustainable world.

[1] http://www.worldcentric.org/stateworld/socialjustice.htm
[2] http://www.worldcentric.org/stateworld/environment.htm
[3] http://www.worldcentric.org/sustain/index.htm