[Courses] please reply with what kind of courses are you interested in

Vaida Bogdan vaida.bogdan at gmail.com
Thu Oct 6 18:42:41 EST 2005

Thank you for your responses. Here is my conclusion:

iptables - on site
perl - on site
networking - on site
security/hardening - on site
kernel programming - on site

on site = http://www.linuxchix.org/content/courses/

troubleshooting/tune up - too specific, I can't create a number of lessons
based on common errors as there already is an article on the topic
ids - there are many articles on snort presentation and deployment (or other
ids)
vim/emacs - same as above + the command vimtutor teaches you most of the
basics for vim, emacs has tutorials as well

shell programming - same as above, I could try a more specific approach
(filterring processes, changing similar content in multiple files, good logs
filtering tricks)
best practices security - interesting, I have some very good ideeas on the
topic
mail setup (mta + mda + imap/pop + anti spam + mua) - interesting but there
is a lot of information on google (try searching "postfix mysql" on google)
or even try "mail toaster"; for more advanced deployment
http://workaround.org/articles/ispmail-sarge/

Any comments on the above?