[Courses][gimp] Lesson 10: Stitching Panoramic Images

Julie Sloan juliesloan at mindspring.com
Wed May 11 07:33:49 EST 2005

I haven't done my "tree" project yet, but I plan to.  Instead I took a bunch
of pictures of the front yard, sitting my camera on the porch rail, near
sundown.  All the pictures together in one screenshot are here (50Kb):

http://bobsloansampler.com/gimp/pan/layers1.jpg

When I got them lined up using the arrow keys (very handy)(140Kb):

http://bobsloansampler.com/gimp/pan/layers4.jpg

After using layer mask, & cropping (300Kb):

http://bobsloansampler.com/gimp/pan/front.jpg

The xcf is huge (17Mb):

http://bobsloansampler.com/gimp/pan/front.xcf

This lesson intimidated me and I kept putting it off.  Using the arrow keys
and transparency to line up layers made it easy, and layer mask added the
finishing touches.  :)

Julie

--

<)\