[Courses] [Careers] Michelle Murrain: Ch, Ch, Ch, Changes...

Katja katja at redbricks.org.uk
Mon May 9 03:44:32 EST 2005

Apologies for not looking after my course subscription, so this is a
rather belated after-thought to Michelle's journey (that's also why I
copy the entire original message):

having spent most of my academic education as a theologian, I moved on
to ethical retailing, which moved me on to studying political economy,
which moved me on to feminism and women's adult education in IT, when I
became interested in free software.

see the link? it makes sense to me as different manifestations of an
ethical take on life, whether it's fairtrade coffee or linux. of course
I am not saying that only Christians are ethical people, not at all.
this is just how it came about for me. I regret that I am still only a
software user, though.

I recently found out that one of the main Protestant churches in Germany
has a special internal Linux user group. :-)

Katja