[Courses][gimp] Import RAW files

Akkana Peck akkana at shallowsky.com
Sun Feb 20 12:45:35 EST 2005

Kjersti Bjørnestad Berg writes:
> I have been doing my homework, will upload later. For now I have a
> question though. I have been taking some pictures in raw format and
> would like to open these with gimp. There are some plugins around, I

I haven't used it myself, but I wonder if perhaps it uses its own
dialog, rather than plugging in to the gimp's normal file open?

Try using the plug-in browser: Xtns->Plug-In Browser...
Find the plugin in the list, click on it, and see if it has inserted
itself into any menus.

Plug-in authors are often not very clear about where their plug-ins
install themselves (I have been guilty of this myself in the past).
Hint for plugin authors: I installed some plug-ins recently where the
Makefile, after it finished with "make install", echoed several lines
telling me exactly where I would find the new functions.  Great idea!
I went and added that to my own plugins.  (And of course, mentioning
that information on the web page for the plug-in is even better.)

	...Akkana