[Courses] [C] on the C course we are writing...

Sonja Krause-Harder skh at gmx.com
Fri Jan 10 08:42:12 EST 2003

On Sat, Dec 28, 2002 at 11:12:20PM -0500, Morgon Kanter wrote:
> Seeing as how there really isn't much interest, I'm going to just go ahead
> and do it myself for tldp. If there's really an objection I won't, but it
> doesn't seem like there is much interest.

I was about to take down the wiki for much the same reason - lack of
interest - but was contacted yesterday by someone who just stumbled
upon the site (it is linked from the news section and thus being indexed
by google) and wanted to help and contribute. So I will not take it
down, but rather continue writing on it myself, and see whether something
useful comes out.

I actually wanted to contact the linux documentation project at the
point where I could be sure that the guide will actually turn out to
be useful and of a certain quality, and likely to be completed (I personally
hate projects that die half-way through but remain ossified on "in
progress" lists somewhere on the net). As I also don't want to compete
which C guide gets into tldp, and as Morgon already announced his with
tldp, I'll remove the references to these plans from the wiki to avoid
confusion on all sides.

Morgon, if you want to integrate what you've done into the wiki, you
are of course very welcome. I'm not sure it makes sense to duplicate
efforts.

If anybody is still unsure what a wiki is, and what this is all about:
I have explained most of it on http://www.foogirl.de/C/ itself,
everybody is welcome to contribute as writer, test reader, editor,
advisor etc. You are encouraged to edit any page by clicking on the
"Edit" link at the lower left on each page.

The wiki does some basic version tracking, so you can't really destroy
anything. And, as someone on #linuxchix mentioned, "this is not about
one person writing a book and getting famous". If you want to share some
of your knowledge with the world, just do so ;-)

cheers,

Sonja