[Courses] [courses][python]Assignment 2

Anne Julienne anne at julienne.org
Sun Sep 22 11:33:37 EST 2002

Here is my "hello world" program.
(I can see from the archives that I'm a late starter in more than one
sense.)
I originally didn't have the first line of the program since I simply typed
the command
<python chix2.py> at the SSH shell prompt. I access Linux through a server.
I'm actually sitting at a Windows machine.
I saw that other answers had that first line in it, so I asked my son about
it and he explained it to me. Now I can also use <./chix2.py> at the prompt.

#!/usr/bin/python2.2
# anne - 22 sep 2002
# assignment 2 for linuxchix python course

world = raw_input("What is the name of your world? ")
print "Hello " + world + "!"
# couldn't resist adding just a tiny twist