[Courses] Wake up Sonja

Jenn Vesperman jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au
Thu Mar 28 02:19:40 EST 2002

On Wed, 2002-03-27 at 21:44, phiber2001 wrote:
> Hey Sonja better wake up cause your tutorial is past due on this week.
> Where is it? Pour us down two weeks of materials in this week as you have
> made it already late & just to be in advance :-)

Phiber:

This behaviour is INCREDIBLY, UNBELIEVABLY rude.

Sonja - ALL of us who do stuff for LinuxChix - is a volunteer. She
-chooses- to give up some of her life, some of her time, for this.
She does not get paid. She may be spending money on this.

So do I. So does everyone else who does LinuxChix work.

We do it for the appreciation. We do it because we enjoy sharing
our time with people who -also- share time, and with people who
appreciate our effort.

This sort of behaviour does not display appreciation. This sort of
behaviour communicates that you are taking Sonja for granted.

I expect an apology from you.  A public apology, since you were so
publically rude to her.

I also expect you to never do this sort of thing again.

Sonja - and all of the others - deserve thanks and appreciation. Not
this.

Jenn V.

jenn at anthill.echidna.id.au     http://anthill.echidna.id.au/~jenn/