[Courses] [Security] Sendmail config (was: netstat dissection)

Hamster hamster at hamsternet.org
Fri Mar 8 17:28:18 EST 2002

> It just so happens that Jenn over on the Volunteers list was just
> explaining why the linuxchix lists don't engage in "reply-to
> munging," where the mailing list software changes the reply-to
> header to be the mailing list address.

Yes, I suspect I triggered that off...

> Jenn agrees more with the arguments against reply-to munging.

Cool, I have no problems with that. As far as I'm concerned, I asked a question, received a reply, and thats the end of the discussion. I'm not going to be difficult, I just hope the thread dies and that I wont be seen on this list as some hard-to-get-along-with idiot.

> Many mail user agents have a feature that allows users to reply to a
> list easily.  Which mail client are you using?  Maybe we can help
> you figure out how to use this feature in your software.

As does mine, only it hasnt been working reliably. The reply-all is only bringing up the list address in what appears to be a fairly random fashion. Maybe I can look around for another mailer that uses the MH format. Or maybe I'll just live with this one. Or ...

but thanks.

Hamster