[Courses] [Security] The useful netstat

Malcolm-Rannirl rannirl-lc at otherkin.net
Wed Mar 6 11:36:19 EST 2002

On Tuesday 05 March 2002 06:00 pm, Raven, corporate courtesan wrote:

> outside that's not part of a session.  With the strings patch to
> iptables, you can even filter based on the contents of the packet
> -- blocking Nimda and Code Red attempts at the firewall, for
> example.

Now that would be very useful. (Why the script kiddie scripts can't
check what they are attacking first, I don't know. My box will very
helpfully tell you it is running apache on linux but I still get
numerous IIS attack attempts a day).

url for the patch?

--
"Do I belong to some ancient race? I like to walk in ancient places.
These are the things that I can understand."

<<  This email is monitored by the US government under the auspice  >>
<< of the USA act. For private communication, ask me for my PGP key >>
<< ----- PGP: envelopes for email - www.pgp.com www.gnupg.org ----- >>